You and your family
The current crisis has undoubtedly put considerable pressure on individuals and their families. While our offices remain closed, our staff are working remotely and are available to support you during this time. There is very little that we cannot progress in the usual way and we have put in place protocols and procedures to manage all aspects of private client work. We are utilising various technologies to conduct remote meetings and it is otherwise very much business as usual. This includes work in relation to Wills, Powers of Attorney, incapacity, tax planning and Executry Administration, all of which can be progressed during lockdown. If you are concerned about your or your family’s position, and would like advice on any aspect of your legal affairs, please do not hesitate to get in touch with your usual contact at Gillespie Macandrew or via our website form here.
Please click on the links below to read our latest COVID-19 news articles relating to you and your family. These have been listed in month order with the most recent first:
- COVID-19 has heightened concerns about gaps in the protection available to domestic abuse victims
- Tax implications for the UK post-COVID
- Is now really the time to be making plans? Actually, yes
- The bounce back of the Scottish property market
- Podcast: As the property market re-opens, we can help you make your next move safely
- Why everyone should have a power of attorney
- Giving you the confidence to make your next move safely
- Podcast: You can still set up a Power of Attorney remotely
- What Government help is available for the self-employed?
- Co-parenting during COVID- 19
- The sandwich generation - feeling the squeeze?
- Can I protect my family in lockdown?
- Will the property market recover? An expert view
- How can I ensure my wishes are followed if I become ill?
- Tax planning opportunities - a potential silver lining in a COVID-19 dark cloud
- Reminder - 30 day reporting requirement on CGT for residential property owners